Internet and Data Service Offers
This list is informational only and may not be 100% accurate. Hansen School District does not recommend, endorse, or guarantee any of these services and offerings. Please contact the service providers for the latest, most accurate information.
Sparklight is offering two months of $10/month Internet access to low income households.
Sparklight® Offers Low Cost Internet to Assist Families in Need During Coronavirus (COVID-19) Crisis
PMT is offering a free month of service in residences with existing PMT fiber.
Tekfinity (Tek-hut) is offering a free month of home Internet service. This requires the installation of an external antenna on the house and line-of-sight to their tower. Many homes in Twin Falls do not have line-of-sight.
Federal Lifeline Program A federally funded program for discounted Internet services.
Lifeline Support for Affordable Communications PDF Download
- ALL current T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers as of March 13, 2020 who have legacy plans without unlimited high-speed data will get unlimited smartphone data for the next 60 days (excluding roaming).
- Starting March 20, 2020, providing T-Mobile and Metro by T-Mobile customers on smartphone plans with hotspot data an additional 20GB of smartphone mobile hotspot (10GB per bill cycle for the next 60 days) for each voice line. (T-Mobile Connect excluded).
- Working with our Lifeline partners to provide customers extra free data up to 5GB of data per month through May 13, 2020.
- Providing Unlimited data for 60 days to customers with metered data plans (effective 3/18)
- Giving 20 GB of free mobile hotspot to customers with hotspot-capable devices (effective 3/18)
- Waiving per-minute toll charges for international long-distance calls from the U.S. to CDC- defined Level 3 countries (effective 3/17)
Verizon Wireless Verizon Wireless is adding 15 GB of data across nearly all of our plans, to be used between 03/25/2020 and 04/30/2020. To be eligible, you must be on a qualifying postpaid (unlimited or shared), Jetpack or prepaid plan:
- For Unlimited Data Plans
- 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added to your plan’s existing Mobile Hotspot allotment
- Eligible plans include: The Verizon Plan Unlimited, Go/Beyond/Above Unlimited Plans, Start/Play More/Do More/Get More Unlimited Plans
- For Shared Data Plans
- 15 GB of 4G LTE shared data will be added (can be used for Mobile Hotspot, or any other connected device using the shared data plan)
- Eligible plans include: More Everything Plans, Verizon Plans 1.0 and 2.0 (e.g., S, M, L, XL, XXL), Just Kids
- For Jetpack - Unlimited or Metered Plans
- 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added
- For Prepaid
- All monthly plans with a data allowance: 15 GB of 4G LTE data will be added to monthly metered Smartphone (can be used for Mobile Hotspot), Jetpack and Tablet device plans
Note: If you’re on a shared or account level plan, all lines on the account will share the data. If each line on your account has its own plan, each will receive its own data.