The Hansen School District is looking for an energetic person willing to provide students with daily educational and behavioral support that will provide the best possible academic knowledge and skills for the student. Someone to help pupils develop skills, attitudes, and knowledge needed to provide a good foundation for continued education according to the guidelines outlined in each student’s Individual Education Plan.
The requirements are as follows:
· At least two years of college‑level coursework, an Associate’s Degree in education or a related field, or a rigorous standard of quality on a formal state or local assessment. In Idaho, the “rigorous formal state assessment” is the ParaPro Assessment offered by the Education Testing Service
· The ability to work with students with emotional, physical, and mental disabilities, ability to support students in one-on-one and small group situations
· Demonstrated knowledge of effective behavioral methods
· Ability to maintain a positive learning environment
· Work well with students, staff, and the public
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Able to work under deadlines
· Maintain confidentiality of staff and students
· Ability to lift up to fifty pounds and push and pull up to one hundred pounds
To be considered for this position, please fill out the Classified Application on our district website (hansenschools.org) or the district office located at 550 South Main Street between 8 and 3. Please include a cover letter, resume, any credentials you may have, and two current letters of recommendation. Application materials can either be mailed or emailed to Daneille Heuvel at firstname.lastname@example.org. For questions or more information, please call 208-423-5475 ext 2320.