Hansen School District is looking for an energetic and enthusiastic person to join our team as a Kitchen Assistant.
- Prefer a high school diploma or General Education Degree
- Previous experience in large-scale food service preferred
- Knowledge of the principles of food management, nutrition, sanitation, and applicable federal and state law, administrative rules, and Board policy
- General knowledge of the best methods of preparing and cooking food in large quantities and the ability to adjust recipes to the quantity required
- Ability to stand and walk for most of the day, carry hot pans, push carts, stoop and reach for heavy items
- A general understanding of Material Safety Data Sheets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Works well with students and staff
- Excellent organizational skills
- Maintain confidentiality of staff and students
To be considered for this position, please fill out the Classified Application on our district website (hansenschools.org) or district office located at 550 South Main Street between 8 and 4. Application materials can either be mailed or emailed to Superintendent David Carson at firstname.lastname@example.org.