We get out for Thanksgiving break today. Mrs. Skinner, Ms. Torkelson, and I had the pleasure of helping the kitchen crew serve at the Thanksgiving luncheon. I saw Kari and Rayleen work hard to serve students, staff, and parents, their worry that there wouldn't be enough, and how they would handle the situation if food ran short. Thanks to all the families who came to share a meal with their children. Many more people were present than anticipated - a great problem! I appreciate your support of our school community!
As we experience the Thanksgiving holiday, I hope we all have the opportunity to reflect upon reasons to be thankful. Here are a few of mine:
- A supportive husband who makes my life easier.
- A loving family.
- Working with people who push me to be better at my craft.
- Staff members who care about our students.
- A school board that is focused on making a positive impact on the future of our school district.
- The opportunity to teach Algebra II, and I'm thankful for the students in the class who are working hard to accomplish more than they thought they could.
Years ago, I read one of Frank McCourt's books, Angela's Ashes. Mr. McCourt told of his childhood in Ireland. His family was impoverished, yet, even as a child, he could identify other families that had it worse than his, and he found reasons to be thankful. Even when times are tough, there are reasons to be thankful!
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving! Thank you for all you do for the students of Hansen School District!